Posted By BPaulsen on November 8, 2012
EXPLORING THE DESIGN PROCESS WITH TIEN CHIU
NEW DATE — JANUARY 19-20, 2013
Location – Amazing Yarns
Summary: This two-day workshop will cover a design process for exploring ideas and translating them to practical designs. Topics covered include:
- Exploring techniques and materials to inspire ideas
- Creating a mood board/idea board to collect your thoughts
- Translating ideas into design
- Designing samples to test your design ideas/questions
- Creating and evaluating samples
Because this workshop is about the design process, you should not expect to leave with a completed project; instead, you should expect to leave with a completed design for a new project, and an expanded understanding of design tools and process.
What to bring:
- Loom (preferably two shafts or more, but rigid heddle looms can be used too), pre-warped at lease 6” wide, but can be as wide as you like. Suggested yarn is 10/2 cotton in white or some other neutral color. You may use whatever yarn weight you like. Sett for twill or plain weave, your choice.
- Two or more shuttles, including a stick shuttle if you have one
- Colored pens or pencils
- Sketchbook or notebook to record your designs
- 1-2 fiber-related magazines or fiber arts catalogs with lots of photos, that you would be willing to cut up OR fifteen photos of fiber arts related stuff that you like (must be willing to cut up the photos, so print on something cheap).
- Double-sided or regular Scotch tape
- Black Sheep Members: $50 plus $10 materials fee.
- Non-Members: $80 plus $10 materials fee.
Sign-up: Teddie Guenzer (email@example.com)