Posted By Web Manager on February 25, 2016
Convergence Scholarship Information and Requirements
- To be eligible for the grant, an applicant must be a member in good standing of a guild which is a member of CNCH, Inc. Applicant must not have been awarded this grant for Convergence 2012 or 2014.
2. One grant for $1000 will be awarded.
3. The grant committee consists of at least three members from the CNCH Advisory Board who will not have access to names of applicants.
4. Applications will be available on the web site, www.cnch.org, from guild liaisons or by contacting the CNCH Administrative Assistant Erin Maclean, P.O. Box 191119, Sacramento, CA 95819-1119.
5. Awards will not be made on the basis of financial need. The applicant will describe her/his fiber interests and her/his reasons for wanting to attend Convergence. As a result she/he will provide an article on her/his experiences at Convergence for a CNCHnet future issue.
6. Applications are due by April 15, 2016. The grant committee will make its selection for the award by May 1, 2016.
7. If the recipient is unable to attend Convergence for any reason, all funds must be returned to the treasurer for reinvestment in the Convergence Fund. It is recognized that there may be penalties for late cancellation and that the full amount of the grant may not be refundable.
8. If the recipient does not follow through with her/his commitment for an article for CNCHnet, the Advisory Board may ask the recipient to return the grant in full or in part.