This end of Summer issue of CNCHnet brings to light a cornucopia of ideas, happenings, projects to consider, and people who have inspired us and are doing so still.
I think we are beginning to tap the wealth of talent that is inherent in the Northern California and Nevada fiber art world and, by calling attention to these talented people and what they do, spurring us on to expand our thought processes, imagination and creativity.
This issue brings you articles about what some of us did during the lazy ‘daze’ of Summer, followed by an interview with Peggy Osterkamp on the publication of her new weaving tome, and segues into profiles of two women who have left an indelible mark on the weaving community.
We finish with three projects that might inspire you for the upcoming Holidays .
My thanks to all of you who have contributed to this issue.
And please continue to share your talent and ideas.
Judy Fisher, Editor
Want to see the fish in the redwoods?
Articles in this issue . . . Fall 2010
- Hmmm…Fishy and Fun
- Lao Weaving in Napa
- New Mexico Fiber Odyssey, 2010
- Alice Schlein and her Merry Band of Weaver/Movie Makers
- An Interview with Peggy Osterkamp
- Florence Powers, Pine Needle Basket Craftswoman
- Helen Pope and the Special Sample Service
- Holiday Greetings
- A Greener Indigo for some Lovely Printed Table Linens
- Of Snips, Bits and Thrums
- To Be Continued…